June 10 - Turnu Magurele - Bucharest

 At 5 am I went up on deck to watch the docking of the boat, and enjoyed seeing the fishing boats going out. I had a last swim in the pool and chatted to a couple of friends in New Zealand. 

Breakfast was served, our bags had their last packing and checking and at 8.30 we said last goodbyes and boarded the mini bus for Bucharest. 

This 2.5 hour ride wound through a variety of landscapes, from small cities, to run down cottages and villages. Late spring is here, with its ripening plums  and cherries. Mulberries paint the footpaths. 

We arrived in Bucharest, got an uber to our apartment and dropped off our luggage while we waited for check in. The apartment has 3 levels of security. First there is a gate on the road with a combination lock. Then there is another combination to enter the building, and finally a combination to enter the apartment itself.

(This is the cafe where we bought coffee while we waited. )

On the way I'd bought a small bottle of milk as I was longing for a cup of tea. I boiled the jug, put the tea bag in, and poured in the milk. It was Ayran, drinking yogurt. blegh

I googled another supermarket and found there was one 11  minutes away, so I headed out with Selah and 3 minutes later found another one. Yay - milk!

Bruce wasn't feeling well, so we had a rest for the remainder of the day. 











Comments

  1. Bruce has all my sympathy. I am down with the bot. ☹️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Vienna 31st May, and starting our cruise

Budapest Tuesday 4th June. Synagogue and Parliament

One day in Zurich makes a jetlagged person stumble